Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

A new beginning - Valentine Popups


So here goes nothing. I must have a beginning to a journey, so that day starts now.

It's gloomy here in Harbour Island, and I've decided to finish some projects I've started for Valentine's Day. It's only three days away.

Trying to find a tutorial for a pretty pop up card has been quite the hunt. I was inspired by this card (I <3 U), so I decided to figure it out for myself. It really was quite easy, easy enough for me to try the second card (LOVE). The real trouble in all of this was to figure out what to do on the front. Since I never write on the first page of a notebook or journal, I've had a stigma for the first page of anything.

Both of the cards have the same front design. They just happen to have different variations of red paper, and the book page circles are a tad different. I picked up a book to tear apart when we were in the Abacos last week. Excited to finally put it to use! The circles, or lollies as they're referred to, were found on Ashley's Dandelion Wishes. The frame she's done is cute, and I can see myself using the lollie idea more than once.


The insides are completely different. I didn't think about leaving room for the red boarder around the inside of the I heart you card. It was all experimental any way!

This picture shows the back of the card and as you can see, it's a different paper from the first. I prefer the darker of the two papers, it really leads to a richness. The free printable graphic on the back is from Mommy by day... Crafter by night.

I haven't written anything inside of the cards yet, but I'm giving my Valentine the I <3 U card. Hopefully he'll choose me as his this year, but I'm not sure... I have a really cute dog to compete with!

No comments:

Post a Comment