Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cake disaster.

Let's not talk about it. Some things are better left unknown and in the dark.

Okay, so let's talk about it without posting a picture.

Yes, no picture. The cake it's self turned out fine, but the icing was one hot mess. Twice. I ended up throwing out the icing that the recipe called for. I think it was too much champagne, and it wouldn't set. The next batch of icing I made, wouldn't set. My frustration almost got the best of me and my galley when Bill told me, "suck it up and finish it." I did and it was yummy, but just the darn ugliest iced cake ever. I'm staring at it now and would love to chuck it over board for the sergeant majors to attack, but I don't think they'll eat cake. Damn it, LET THEM EAT CAKE!

On the plus side, the weather has been lovely! We had an impromptu dive yesterday and we're going for it again today. This time I'm bringing my GoPro to post pictures. Let's hope I've remembered to charge my battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment