Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Booze Cakes!

Today is Valentine's Day and I get to mix to of my favorite things! Booze + Cakes! Since there's never a dull moment on this boat, I decided to get a kickstart this morning to my Pink Champagne cake. Normally, I see champagne and say "YAY, CHAMPAGNE!", but I've been under the weather and all you're getting out of me is "yay, champagne!" Ho hum.

I tried this recipe for my New Years dessert which I found in the book Booze Cakes by Krystina Castella, and turned it into a champagne trifle. It was a-mazing. For design, I found this pinkalicious inspiration from Glorious Treats. I only have two round pans, limited time, and patience (see under the weather comment above). I'm only doing two alternating colors, white and a dusty pink.

I have approximately three types of champagne on board. Veuve Cliquot, Graham Beck Blancs de Blancs Vintage, and a Graham Beck Rose. I chose the rose. I'm not sure if its available every where, but I've fallen in love with this "champagne" (its actually sparkling wine if you want to get technical) from South Africa. Here is a great write up/description of the Graham Beck Rose. If it's available in your area, try it. It's only about $17 per bottle vs. $42 for Veuve Cliquot. I could talk champagne for hours, but I'm not going to. I'm going to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment